5 Tips for a Dramatic Remodel of a Cramped kitchen
1. Open up a wall
- Maybe open up two of them. Sure you've heard it before but if done the right way - it works wonders.
2. Lighten the color
- Especially small kitchens. Lighten the wall, cabinetry and counter top colors. All or just one of them. Also, Paint the stained window trim a shiny white.
3. Dump the table
- Add an island w/ seating and get rid of the table that you never use. It can significantly add space and make a dramatic difference.
4. Floor to ceiling cabinets
- This adds volume, a lot cabinet space and the illusion of a larger space. Bump out the cabinet over the fridge to be even with the front of it too.
5. Remove some upper cabinets
- Replace them with shelving, or just keep open and then add a small pantry by taking space from an adjacent room.
Comments are closed.
Mike Ambrose - Builder.
Check out this funky blue kitchen remodel
Ambrose Builders, Downers Grove, IL 60516